Thursday, June 17, 2010

On the Rhoad with Rhonda, Day Three, June 17, 2010












If I were in charge of the Alaska Marine Highway Ferry timetable, I would not schedule a departure that required drivers, passengers and their vehicles to be queued up at the dock at the indecent hour of 7am for a 9am departure. I would change the departure to at least 11am so we wouldn't have to show up at the dock until 9. That way, Rhonda and I would not have had to get up at 5:00 in the morning....I really don't care if the sun has been up for hours. I should actually rephrase that. I would not have had Rhonda telling me at 5 in the morning that I need to get up and get into the shower :-( We had to get checked in at the ferry terminal early so we could make the "latte call" at Mountain Market at 7:00 a.m. to procure our highly coveted caffeine fix. With perfectly mastered lattes in hand, Rhonda and I decided to do one last quick tour of Haines. We were amazed at all the early-risers out walking their dogs! We commented on many of the structures of the downtown area, the sleepy little 'hoods and then greatly lamented the loss of touring one of the greatest attractions to be found in the hamlet of Haines lying along the Lynn Canal. The one and only highly coveted The Hammer Museum. A must see that we will definitely add to our Bucket List!

No comments:

Post a Comment