Tuesday, June 15, 2010

First Stop, Tok

One posting I had on Facebook was wondering how many things Rhonda would say she forgot. It happened! Just as we were leaving Grand View with a latte in hand, she said “I hope I brought my fan. It might still be on the floor in my bedroom”. Of course my thought was why on earth would she worry about a fan while living in Juneau? I think it is a record if the temp gets into the 70's and stays there for days on end during the summer.

The perfect ending to a perfect day is walking into the Tok Westmark Lobby to find it all decked out in a Valentine's Day theme. How lucky for us.... it is their annual “Love Week”. Unfortunately we were not the chosen “Love Couple of the day” so our room was not in theme with red satin sheets and bedspread, rose pedals, balloons and chocolate roses. Inquiring minds want to know so Rhonda asked about all the red hearts, cupids and garland decorations and we were told it is because they are closed in the winter, so Valentine's Day and Christmas are celebrated during the summer. So if you want to visit Tok, come the third week in July. That's when they celebrate “Christmas in July”!



No comments:

Post a Comment