Tuesday, June 15, 2010

On the Rhoad with Rhonda Day 1; Tuesday, June 15, 2010




True to form, Rhonda showed up on time and we were Juneau bound at noon. She wanted to be in Tok by 6pm. We arrived at 6:02. I checked the weather early this morning. Tok promised to be partly sunny and 65 degrees. The thermometer never left 53 degrees during the entire drive. Never saw the sun or even a strip of blue sky. Obviously shorts were not the right attire for this day. Rhonda mentioned that her Honda CRV was not big enough for everything she wanted to bring. But by my estimation she had plenty of room for more. I was not encouraged when the first words out of her mouth when she came in the door this morning were, “If you weren't coming, I could have brought my three African Violets and Ivy plant.” Great! This is going to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment