Monday, May 17, 2010

Feeling Melancholy

After nearly 50 days, I am boarding a flight back to Alaska on Tuesday, May 18th. I am feeling rather melancholy at this point and for several reasons. First and foremost is because of the most enjoyable time I have spent with my sister-in-law, Gretchen; her husband, John; and their fearless protector, Kellogg, a 55 lb Labradoodle. We have shared many laughs, meals and memories not to mention accumulating more memories for years to come. Second, for the spectaculor beauty this country holds. I don't have the necessary vocabulary to describe the magnificent vistas I observed. I feel fortunate to have covered the miles of the Pacific Coast I traveled and to have had the time to do so. And, last, because DABL Ramblings will become silent for awhile.....at least until I embark on another adventure.

2 comments: